Symposium on AYURVEDA
8-9 September 2018, Espace Moncassin, Paris, France
The Ayurveda Symposium is organized by the Association for Consciousness-Based Health in collaboration with the Leadership Observatory. The symposium aims at all French-speaking public in search of a prevention orientated health care system, as it is the case of Ayurveda, a tradition issued from ancient India and recognized as a complete system of medicine by the World Health Organization. Many French media have been attracted by this approach to health and published numerous articles on the theme of Ayurveda. Women’s magazines like Le Figaro Madame, Cosmopolitan, etc., weeklies like L’Express, Le Point, etc. and even economic magazines like Les Echos or Forbes Magazine deal regularly with this subject. Many websites dedicated to alternative medicines have also made it the heart of their subject. This interest from the general public has contributed to the development of a French community of practitioners offering massage services, nutritional advices and even specialized approaches, targeting for example pregnant women.
At a time when stress is spreading throughout society, French people are more and more attracted by the wisdom emanating from this millennia-old science and confirmed by the most recent scientific research, including by neuroscience research. However, the vision currently conveyed by Ayurveda is too often restrictive. This is why a symposium on Ayurveda that deals with the subject in its entirety was obvious, a challenge that the ‘Association pour la Santé Fondée sur la Conscience’ raises in collaboration with the ‘Observatoire du Leadership’. The project of a symposium giving priority to Maharishi Ayurveda is carried by France, Belgium, Switzerland and Luxembourg.
The Symposium is led by a scientific committee made up of qualified doctors and
pharmacists. The pre-program of these two days is as follows:
- Professor Tony NADER, MD. PhD: Vedic and Vedic Literature in Human Physiology. Lecture accompanied by a presentation of the relation between Vedic sounds and different part of the body.
- Dr. Manohar PALAKURTHI: The different forms of Ayurveda and their place in the world
- Dr. David ORME-JOHNSON: An overview of scientific research validating the approach of Maharishi Ayurveda
- Dr. Patrick CONSTANCIS: Importance of higher states of consciousness, basis for a real preventive and affordable medicine
- Patrick NICOLAS: Bio-Vedic nutrition and perfect health
- Dr. Lothar PIRC: Effects of Panchakarma Purification Cures
- Dr. Anh-Kiet MÉ MOUGAMADOU: The pharmacopoeia in Ayurvedic medicine
- Philippe COUTURIER: Aromatherapy according to Ayurveda Maharishi
- Dr. Anh-Kiet MÉ MOUGAMADOU: From the atom of the essential oils to the light of the precious stones and the Maharishi Light Therapy
- Professor Tony NADER: Vedic Vibration Technologies
- Dr. Patrick CONSTANCIS: Maharishi Vedic medicine: a medicine of all levels of physiology
- Dominique TOUILLET: The logic of Panchakarma Maharishi and its various means of purification
The Scientific Committee
- Dr. Patrick CONSTANCIS, Surgeon Urologist-Andrologist, Former Head of Clinic Assistant of Hospitals of Paris. President of the Association for Consciousness-Based Health
- Dr. Sophie BEALL, Doctor of Medicine, Pediatrician, Former Intern of Toulouse Hospitals, Public Health Graduate, Master of Computer Science, Statistics, Epidemiology, Medical Director of Maharishi Ayurveda Health Center, Seelisberg, Switzerland.
- Dr. Ahn-Kiet MÉ MOUGAMADOU, Doctor in Pharmacy, Hospital Pharmacist
- Dr. Philippe COUTURIER, Doctor of Pharmacy
- Lothar PIRC, Director of the International Maharishi AyurVeda Foundation, Holland,. Founder and CEO of Maharishi AyurVeda Health Center in Bad Ems, Germany (since 1992).
For more information on the Symposium, please click here.